The History of Zion (Spies) Evangelical Lutheran Church
Zion (Spies) Church is well named —situated as it is atop a hill, suggesting the temple in Judaea; and having continued through two centuries, suggesting the endurance of the heavenly Zion, the city of our God. Although not officially organized until 1774, a crude log church stood on the site about 1757. Here pioneers assembled for worship at services conducted by itinerant preachers. In 1774 a second log church was built upon the small tract of land, donated for the purpose, by Victorious Spiess, who in all probability considered the ground his own by "squatters' rights". Zion was a union church from the beginning. . .
For the complete History and DVD Documentary
Contact the Church Office @ 610.779.1181